-What’s better than breakfast for dinner? Ehhhh, trick question! Y’all, there is absolutely NOTHING better than breakfast for dinner. Don’t even try to lie to yourselves! I’m not saying generic eggs and bacon is groundbreaking. I’m talking eggs, bacon, potatoes, veggies, and cheese IS LIFE! Oh em gee!!!
Matthew and I are always trying new twists on breakfast food. Sometimes it works, otheerrrr times we toe the line of burning down our house! But my point is, this recipe is AAAAMMMAAAAAZZZIING. Honestly, try it. It doesn’t even matter what time of day it is, what you have going on, or how much you don’t want to cook. Just try…and then maybe help me find some sort of AA meeting for breakfast addicts.
6-8 GREEN BELL PEPPERS (OR ANY COLOR, WE PREFER GREEN)
1/2 SWEET YELLOW ONION
3 RUSSET POTATOES
2 CUPS SHREDDED CHEESE (I USED SHARP CHEDDAR)
SALT, PEPPER, GARLIC POWDER
- The potatoes always take the longest, so I start with those first. If you want to be on the healthier side of things, dice the potatoes, drizzle them in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and bake at 425 degrees until crispy. This usually takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the diced potatoes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, time to get started on that bacon. You don’t need my help here, y’all know how to cook bacon….I hope…chop it into bacon bits when it’s done.
- Next, whisk all eight eggs together. I season my eggs before I cook them. I feel like the flavor really gets cooked into them that way. I just add salt, pepper, and garlic powder….I don’t really measure…cause I guess I just know by now how much to use. You can always add more once they are done.
- I like to pre-cook my peppers a little bit because once you stuff them, they only need a few minutes in the oven. So I cut the tops off of the peppers and clean them out. I use my jumbo muffin tray to hold them. They fit perfectly and don’t tip or anything! Super great item to have in the kitchen.
- One the peppers are cleaned out, I set them in the jumbo muffin tray, sprinkle a little bit of cheese into them and put them in the oven with the potatoes for about 5-8 minutes.
- Once the peppers have cooked a bit I pull everything out of the oven. I add the potatoes to the bottom of the peppers, then I add a layer of bacon bits. I sprinkle a little more cheese in. Now comes the eggs! Fill those peppers up y’all! Top it with some more cheddar and some bacon bits garnish!
- One you have them all put together, throw them back in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted on top.
- Remove from the oven! CAREFUL! These beauties are hot! Use some tongs to get them out of the muffin tray. Serve with a side of salsa…and y’all are on your way to Breakfast Addicts anonymous.